sexta-feira, 23 de setembro de 2011

Dealing with Stress from Work: Idealists Out of Balance

The Teacher (my type) is likely to become stressed if they experience an absence of trust and too much pressure to conform. They also dislike interpersonal conflict. If this happens, they may become excessively critical, which is antithetical to their normal positive self. One of the signs that the Teacher is in high stress is muscle tics or cramps. To recover, this normally social type must be left alone. Solitude and journal writing can help them get back to normal. Also getting out of the current arena of conflict and taking on a new project can restore their sense of self. Says Josephina, "My old boss and I worked like a charm. I had plenty of freedom and a crew to lead. Then she retired and my new boss was quite different. She wanted to inspect everything I did and insisted upon her way of doing everything. Some of her ideas were good, but others didn't work at all. She wouldn't listen to me. I got a tic in my right eye and had problems sleeping because of restless leg syndrome which I'd never had before. Something had to change. Then I heard about a special project which needed a new team and I applied. I'm now on the team, my tic and restless leg syndrome is gone. I never realized before how much I needed to be trusted and free to exchange ideas on improving things."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário